Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, egusi soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Egusi Soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Egusi Soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed is something which I have loved my whole life.
Egusi Soup Recipe: How To Cook Egusi Soup with Bitter leaf & Spinach. Egusi soup with uziza is another unique combination of egusi seeds with the spicy traditional leaf called uziza. This combination of the two ingredients is widely eaten in most parts of Nigeria.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have egusi soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Egusi Soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed:
- Take 2 cups melon
- Take 1 kg beef
- Prepare 5 pieces cow skin (cooked)
- Get Half cup of shredded stock fish
- Get 3 stock cubes
- Make ready Half bulb of onion
- Take yellow habanero pepper
- Take 2 cooking spoons of palm oil
- Get 2 tablespoons grounded crayfish
- Get 2 medium sized dry fish
- Prepare 6 pieces uziza leaves
- Get 1 piece ehu seed (grounded)
- Take to taste Salt
Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds. It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal that is often accompanied with swallows like Eba, Amala, Semovita, Pounded yam, Fufu, and the likes. Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors!
Instructions to make Egusi Soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed:
- Wash and place the beef in a pot, season with onion and two stock cubes then cook till tender, add stock fish half way cooking
- Next, blend the melon with pepper together with water till very smooth, at this point pour melon into a pot then add about one and half water and allow to cook for fifteen minutes
- Next, add the boiled meat, dry fish, cow skin and meat stock in the pot hen continue cooking for another fifteen minutes, add crayfish and ehu seed then cook till it starts to thicken
- Taste and adjust the taste with the remaining stock cube and salt
- Lastly, add the uziza leaves then cook for few minutes and bring down.
Other ingredients include red palm oil, African crayfish, meats and fish, seasoning, hot pepper and some form of leafy greens. Ground Egusi seeds give this soup a unique color and flavor. If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Any combination of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of the shrimp. Egusi soup is a type of soup thickened with ground Egusi i.e. after the dried melon seeds must have been peeled and powdered in a grinding engine (usually a hand-operated one).
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food egusi soup with infused uziza leaves and ehu seed recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!